The acoustical performance of building products, components, and systems is an important consideration for engineers, specifiers, and building owners. This is especially true in highly populated cities, areas around highways, railroads, airports, and high-density residential zones. The demand for efficient noise reducing building in these areas are rising constantly.
Using the latest sound absorbing techniques and materials, Republic’s engineering professionals have developed a superior sound transmission class (STC) rated assembly consisting of a noticeably lighter weight door (approximately 25% less than current market products) along with the standard “rabbeted” hollow metal frames. These assemblies utilize 1 3⁄4" (proprietary) sound-core doors, standard hollow metal frames, and a low-profile sealing system that is aesthetically pleasing to the eye and easier to install.
Features and benefits
- Single flush doors are available up to STC 52
- Standard hollow metal frames (min. 5 3⁄4" frame depth)
- Frames available as KD/STC 40 and 42
- Frames provided as-welded/ STC 43-52
- Sound resistant spectrum (proprietary construction)
- STC 40-47 – furnished with perimeter seals, gaskets, and threshold
- STC 48-52 – furnishes with perimeter seals, gaskets, surface mounted auto door bottom, threshold, and 5" Cam-Lift hinges
- Pairs available as STC 47
- All doors tested in fully operable conditions
- Stock: Custom Order
- Model: STC